Shield + Envelope is dedicated to supporting and informing occult practitioners through consultations and technology.
- We care about your privacy as much as you do!
- We will always opt for the more secure or private option when selecting partners and using third-party software, including open source software.
- Each section will have a changelog — if we have to modify these policies, you’ll know what was modified and when. Continuing to use our apps and services after a change to this policy means you accept the new policy.
Ted Orval provides Geomancy consultations through Shield + Envelope.
All provided information is kept strictly confidential, as is the outcome of the reading. A copy of your reading is stored in a cloud storage provider, secured with MFA (multi-factor authentication). This requires a password that changes every thirty seconds.
What we don’t see
All storage for the Geomancy app is only on your phone. We have chosen this technical approach to ensure that people feel comfortable using this app for the serious matters that geomancy requires. This can occasionally mean that the data is lost by the phone or overwritten by your operating system — we have traded off data continuity for data security, and we believe this is the best approach.
This kind of data is:
- Your settings
- Your readings (unstored)
- Your stored readings, and their titles
What we do see
We track only abstract analytics information about your session. This information is explicitly:
- New and returning users (but not who you are, what questions you’re asking, or an accurate location of your device.)
- That a reading was initiated (but not the shield or horoscope itself)
- Which generator method was used to generate a reading (but not the random numbers generated)
- That a reading was stored (but not the shield, horoscope, or title of that question)
- Changes in settings (but not whose settings they are)
We also track anonymized device information. This information is:
- Your device’s operating system (including version number). We use this to invest in iOS / Android as appropriate to our actual users.
- Your device’s model. We use this, generally, to debug what’s going on in various Android OS + device combinations.
- Your copy of the Geomancy app’s version number. We use this so can measure adoption of releases.
- A generic IP-based location, fed by our partner Fabric.io.
European Union Data Transfer: Transfer of Data to the United States
You also recognize that the processing of your personal data in the United States might not provide for an equal level of data protection as is granted in countries within the European Union.
Shield + Envelope does not provide services to anyone under the age of legal majority in their jurisdiction. Our apps are not intended for children under the age of 13, and they may not download them.
If we believe that disclosure is necessary to comply with a law, regulation, or valid legal process (e.g., subpoenas or warrants served on us) to protect the security or integrity of Shield + Envelope, and to protect the rights, property, or safety of Shield + Envelope, its employees, users, or others, we will release the required information. If we are going to release your data, we will do our best to provide you with notice in advance by email, unless we are prohibited by law from doing so.
If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- v1 - Current Version.
- Initial copy of this policy.
- Effective January 1, 2017.